The CURE Board of Directors is made of up to 15 elected members. The CURE Bylaws state that directors serve two-year terms and are eligible for re-election for up to five consecutive terms as per state law. Board members are elected at CURE’s Annual Business Meeting each spring. Learn more here about the role of a CURE Board Member.
Board members share:
Why have you chosen to serve on the CURE Board?
- Rhyan Schicker, ChairI believe connecting people's values to the environment is truly the most effective way to create meaningful change, and I am honored to join up with an organization that shares this belief.
- Sean Carroll, Vice ChairI believe that effective social change requires relationships based on a shared vision, with space for shared leadership.
- Pete Kennedy, TreasurerI hope to encourage more active roles on issues that have a direct impact on the river.
- Margaret Kuchenreuther, Member-at-LargeI am drawn to CURE by its mission and vision because I am passionate about conserving high quality habitat for Minnesota's native species and about fostering a harmonious relationship between people and the land.
- Jim FalkI believe CURE has the right perspective to make a positive change in our community through action and education. I served on the CURE board several years ago and I feel that I can again be an asset to board with my experience in the ag sector and also as a renewable energy producer-consumer.
- Kathy HartleyI believe the Mission, Values & Guiding Principals are excellent and I fully support them especially the statement that
- Glen JacobsenI have chosen to serve on the CURE board because it is an opportunity for me to contribute to an organization that is doing what I can’t do by myself.
- Brian WojtalewiczI joined the board to try to protect this wondrous green planet we live on, and because I’m so curious.